Bereco Warranty Terms & Conditions
Bereco warrants all fully factory finished products for 10 years against manufacturing defects, factory applied coating defects, glazing defects and failure (condensation), factory fittings/ironmongery failure and rot and fungal decay; and the installation of those products for 6 years where the installation forms part of the contract entered into at the time of order.
Bereco warrants that it will (at the Company’s choice after assessment and within a reasonable time) either repair or replace any products that are faulty, correct any faults with or re-perform the services if deemed not to be in accordance with the applicable building regulations at the time of order placement or refund the full purchase price of any products and services which are found and reported within 5 days of the defect becoming apparent.
Please note: Timescales for the commencement of works under this warranty due to the bespoke nature of the goods and services are subject to the availability of the specialist skilled labour, materials and components required to correct any defects and no claims for delays in the relation to the commencement of these works or their completion will be accepted under this warranty.
To make a claim under this warranty;
- Warranty claims must be made by submission of the warranty claim form on our website www.bereco.co.uk/make-a-warranty-claim.
- For each claim made under the warranty a valid warranty certificate must be presented in addition to a completed maintenance schedule for the installed life of the products and evidence of the defects claimed i.e. photographs.
The warranties offered on all Bereco factory finished products are based on the following conditions:
- The warranty must be registered at www.berecowarranties.co.uk within 12 months of delivery in the case of supply only contracts.
- The warranty must be registered at www.berecowarranties.co.uk within 30 days of the completion of the installation in the case of supply and installation contracts.
- Full and final payment has been made for the purchase.
- The products are fully factory finished and not basecoat only, unfinished, unassembled or unglazed, as these carry no warranty.
- Claims made under the warranty are made within 5 days of the defector fault becoming apparent to prevent further exacerbation and compound damages.
- The product is fit for its intended use.
- The product has not been modified in any way that could affect its structural integrity or its performance.
- Our installation, operation, adjustment & maintenance guidelines have all been followed.
- The product has not failed due to the fitting of ancillary products such as but not limited to blinds, shutters or security devices.
- The product has not been damaged during transit on other modes of transport other than the company’s method of transport.
- The product has not been damaged by accident from an associated incident.
- The product has not been damaged due to water penetration, either before, during or after installation.
- Moisture and humidity have been controlled during and post installation as detailed in our fact cards on our website www.bereco.co.uk
- Window and door combination frames, particularly those spanning one or more storeys, have been assessed by a structural engineer to ensure they are of a suitable construction, satisfactory for in-service performance, long-term durability and in full compliance with current UK Building Regulations and British Standards.
Storage & Installation
- The products have been stored and handled in accordance with our practical storage and site care guidelines and installed within 14 days of delivery.
- The products have been installed in an existing dwelling in the case of supply and installation contracts.
- The products have been installed in accordance with BS8213-4:2016 and the installation instructions at www.bereco.co.uk in the case of supply only contracts.
- The products have been installed at an address within mainland Great Britain.
- The products have not been removed from their originally installed location and reinstalled in another building or property.
- The external face of the products has been installed a minimum of 50mm back from the face of the building.
- Window and door cills project no more than 30mm from the face of the building.
- Products have been suitably sealed at the perimeter within 14 days of installation using a low modulus polysulphide-based sealant, approved to ISO 11600-F-25LM.
- Adequate ventilation was provided at the time of installation to regulate moisture content.
- Loose cills and cover facings have been fitted in accordance with our instructions and suitably sealed using our recommended products.
- Bereco after care kits have been used and our maintenance schedule followed and completed.
- The coating has not failed due to poor maintenance of the building, or by the buildings inadequate design.
- The coating has not failed due to improper storage or installation.
- The coating has not been allowed to accumulate dirt and debris leading to excessive mould growth.
- The coating has not been exposed to excessive pollutants or heat (fire, heating appliances etc).
- The coating has not been subjected to physical (ladders etc) or chemical (cleaning agents) damage.
- The coating has not been damaged due to improper washing or cleaning. i.e. through the use of ammonia-based cleaning products.
- The coating has not been damaged due to the use of adhesives or tapes having been affixed to the products.
Please note: Due to the unpredictable nature of the weather; signs of weathering of the coating i.e. dulling, peeling, cracking and thinning earlier than stated in our maintenance guidelines is beyond the control of Bereco and is not considered a defect under the terms of this warranty.
Glazing, Fixtures and Fittings
- The glass is suitable for its intended and ongoing use and location in the building.
- The glazing has not failed due to poor maintenance of the building, or by the buildings inadequate design.
- Glazing defects i.e. bubbles, blisters, fine scratches and minute particles are categorised in accordance with the GGF quality of vision guidelines.
- All moveable parts including handles, hinges and mechanisms have been serviced (cleaned, and lubricated) during routine maintenance following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Please note: Due to the unpredictable nature of the weather, the factors and conditions that can cause thermal stress on glazing are beyond the control of Bereco and as a result thermal stress is not considered a defect under the terms of this warranty.