Modern Slavery Policy
This statement is made pursuant to s.54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that Heronhurst Ltd has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. Heronhurst Ltd has a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery, corruption and bribery and this policy is endorsed by our Managing Director.
We fully support the government’s objectives to eradicate modern slavery and human trafficking.
We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Anti-slavery policy. This policy sets out the organisation’s stance on modern slavery and explains how employees can identify any instances of this and where they can go for help.
- Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Whistleblowing policy. We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
- Code of business conduct. This code explains the manner in which we behave as an organisation and how we expect our employees and suppliers to act.
Supply chain policy
Our procurement activities take place in Wales. Heronhurst Ltd operates a supplier policy and maintains a preferred supplier list. We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a preferred supplier. Our contractors and suppliers are all UK based.
As part of our contract with suppliers, we require that they confirm to us that:
- They have taken steps to eradicate modern slavery within their business
- They pay their employees at least the national minimum wage / national living wage.
- We may terminate the contract at any time should any instances of modern slavery come to light.
This statement was approved by a Director on 04th January 2018